Explore Real-World Solutions to Thought-Provoking Scenarios
In the real world of Human Resources, practically applying the letter of the law can be challenging. Speaking with peers makes things much easier, but finding the time to do so is often impossible. This innovative workshop is chocked full of opportunities to interact with our experienced faculty and join forces with your peers to find answers to pressing legal questions. You'll move beyond legal theory and put employment law into practice so you can develop common-sense approaches to everyday HR situations. Hosted by NBI, Inc.
- Walk through real-life HR situations and work with fellow HR professionals to formulate solutions.
- Ensure your organization's handbook contains the latest legal changes.
- Exchange tactics to lawfully deal with FMLA and ADA leave headaches.
- Share techniques for handling discrimination and harassment allegations.
- Fully comply with the FLSA when tracking hours and handling overtime pay.
- Work with your peers to answer legal questions about employee discipline.
Deer Creek Golf Club
7000 West 133rd Street
Overland Park, KS 66209
Who Should Attend
This basic-to-intermediate level seminar on HR legal issues is of benefit to:
- Human Resource Professionals
- Corporate Executives
- Essential Handbook Must-Haves and Updates
- Managing FMLA and ADA Leave: A Collaborative Exercise
- New Hires: Ensuring Legally Sound Practices
- Handling, Discrimination, Harassment and Retaliation Allegations: An Interactive Guide
- How to Comply With the FLSA
- Hands-On Discipline and Discharge Case Studies
Continuing Education Credit
Certified Payroll Professionals – Certified Payroll Professional: 6.00
Continuing Legal Education
Credit Hrs State
CLE 7.00 - KS
CLE 7.20 - MO
Human Resource Certification Institute – HRCI: 6.00
International Association for Continuing Education Training – IACET: 0.60
National Association of State Boards of Accountancy–CPE for Accountants/NASBA:7.00 *
Society for Human Resource Management – SHRM CP/SCP: 6.00
* denotes specialty credits