Sponsored by NBI
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Topeka West
6020 Southwest 10th Avenue
Topeka, KS 66615
Confidently Tackle Advanced Employment Disputes
Trying to keep up with the intricate web of agencies governing employment law and the increasing number of legislative changes each year can be overwhelming for even the most experienced attorney or human resource director. Are you up to date on the latest legal developments and able to confidently advise clients on employment law issues? Avoid inadvertent violations of state and federal regulations. Attend this seminar and learn from seasoned practitioners as they discuss tips and techniques for handling advanced-level issues. Register today!
- Review the latest developments in state employment laws.
- Recognize and avoid liability landmines that lurk in employee investigations.
- Avoid penalties and sanctions by properly classifying exempt and non-exempt employees.
- Safeguard against liability by making sure that FMLA, ADA and workers' compensation regulations are being followed.
- Know when it is in your best interest to settle a federal or state FMLA, ADA or worker's compensation claim.
- Learn practical strategies for responding to EEOC and state agency charges.
- Understand what types of electronic discovery are allowed during the litigation process.
Who Should Attend
This advanced level seminar provides clear legal guidance for complying with employment laws and avoiding lawsuits for:
- Human Resource Managers
- Vice Presidents
- Recent Developments in State and Federal Employment Law
- Conducting an Effective Internal Investigation
- Creating Fair Labor Standard Act (FLSA) Compliance Strategies That Work
- Deciphering FMLA, ADA and Workers' Compensation Issues
- Responding to EEOC and State Agency Charges
- Preparing for Electronic Discovery in Litigation
Continuing Education Credit
Continuing Legal Education – CLE: 7.00
Human Resource Certification Institute – HRCI: 6.00
International Association for Continuing Education Training – IACET: 0.60
Society for Human Resource Management – SHRM CP/SCP: 6.00