Abuse Allegations Fundamentals in Family Law
Are you prepared to handle family law cases that involve domestic violence? Let our experienced faculty guide you through the essentials you need to know for these tricky situations. Explore what information is necessary to prove domestic violence, how protective orders and restraining orders work and how they are enforced, the fundamentals of digital abuse and harassment and much more. Protect your client’s best interests - register today!
- Discuss how protective orders, restraining orders and emergency orders are enforced.
- Learn about rights a person has concerning firearms in domestic violence situations.
- Review considerations for custody and visitation.
- Examine ways to defend against false allegations.
Who Should Attend: This course is designed for attorneys. Paralegals may also benefit from attending.
- Proof of Domestic Violence
- Protective Orders vs. Restraining Orders
- Enforcement of Protective Orders, Restraining Orders and Emergency Orders
- When Social Agencies Get Involved
- Firearms and Domestic Violence
- Digital Abuse and Harassment
- Custody and Visitation Considerations
- Witness Examination - Cross-Exam Questions
- Defending Against False Allegations
Continuing Education Credit: 1.5 hours