Strategically Use the Top Estate Planning Tools
The estate planning process is often charged with emotion and filled with legal confusion for clients. Attorneys not only need in-depth familiarity with the top estate planning tools, but also need to know how to strategically use them to their best effect if they want to build their reputations as go-to practitioners. In this comprehensive overview of top estate planning tools, our experienced faculty will go over how to strategically use wills, trusts, advanced directives and more. No matter if you are new to the estate planning arena or are an experienced practitioner in need of a refresher, you are sure to take away valuable techniques you can use to provide maximum benefit to your clients - register today!
- Create wills that prevent future conflict and confusion.
- Ensure you are using the right trust structure when setting up revocable living trusts.
- Structure intentionally defective grantor trusts to avoid critical problems.
- Make sense of IRS rules regarding retirement benefit planning.
- Take advantage of portability, step-up basis and other essential tax minimization tactics.
- Preserve access to public benefits when creating special needs trusts.
- Make sure healthcare wishes are clearly stated in advance medical directives.
- Strategically use prenuptial agreements as estate planning tools
This basic-to-intermediate level seminar offers an overview of the best practices in estate planning and will benefit:
- Financial Planners
- Accountants and CPAs
- Trust Officers
- Will Strategies to Prevent Conflict and Confusion
- Revocable Living Trust Tactics
- Grantor Trust Structuring Tips: Tax Savings and Problem Avoidance
- Retirement Benefit Planning Techniques
- Tax Minimization Tactics: Portability, Step-Up Basis and More
- Special Needs Trusts (SNTs) and ABLE Account Strategies
- Advance Directive Tips: Making Healthcare Wishes Explicit
- Prenuptial Agreements as Estate Planning Tools
- Ethical Considerations
Continuing Legal Education
Credit Hrs State
CLE 8.00 - KS*
Location: Clarion Hotel, 12601 W. 95th St, Lenexa, KS 66215